A beautiful pedestal vase for a centerpiece can be expensive. They can run a bride (or anyone planning an event) upwards of $300-$500 depending on the number of tables that you have. If you’re like me and can’t wrap your head around that type of expense for a vase, there are two places called the Dollar Tree and Goodwill where you can get the foundation for a super quick and easy DIY project that will save you hundreds.
DIY Dollar Store Pedestal Vase
**This post contains affiliate links which means that if you follow it and make a purchase, you’ll be contributing to my next Starbucks, Target, or Chipotle run! So thanks for that! LOL**
Candlestick holders (from Dollar Tree or Goodwill or or ones you may have already)
Glass/ Metal bowls (from Dollar Tree or Goodwill or again, you may have some already around your place)
E6000 Industrial Strength Adhesive (Michaels, Wal-Mart, Amazon, etc)
Spray Paint in the color of your choice (I used Krylon Cover Maxx in Gold)
Optional (Skip this part if you want clear vases)
- Clean Bowls of Any Sticky Material with rubbing alcohol, rinse, and dry. ( I didn’t do this and it caused me to have to do a couple of extra coats on some pieces. This step will save time).
- Prepare the outdoor area where you will be painting. I definitely recommend putting paper/newspaper down. If not you will have a new painted area of your home.
- *Skip steps 4 and 5 if you want don’t want to paint your vases*
- PAINT! (I really love Krylon Cover Maxx because only one minute of drying time is required between coats and they are ready for handling in only 15 minutes.)
- DRY based on the recommended time on your spray can
- GLUE candlestick holder to the bottom of the bowl of your choice.
- DRY for 24-72 hours based on the strength of bond required.
- Sit back and bask in the DIY glory of your new pedestal vase(or vases if you got out of hand like I did).
I hope this was helpful! I’m really excited to get some flower arrangements going in these babies 😉 If anyone has any awesome DIY wedding projects that they’ve run across, share the wealth in the comment section!
With Grace + Love,
Pin For Later: