Confession: Every once in a while, especially lately, I start to feel a little down on myself and think about quitting the pursuit of my dreams. No one told me that adulting would be so difficult. It’s hard enough to get the bills paid while juggling friends, family, and marriage. Add to that pursuing a dream and things seem overwhelming more often than not.
But then I remember something. God has never given me a dream that has not come to pass. Never. So I know without a doubt that He’s faithful. Even during times when I can’t see it (like now), there’s a sense of peace inside of me that tells me that He’s working all things together for my good. He has my back, and as long as I keep working and giving Him something to bless and living on purpose in a way that Honors him (though we all fall short of perfection), He will bless it.
Whenever I need a reminder (daily), I turn to a these scriptures. Stand on His promises and watch where He takes you:
1. And let us not get tired of doing what is right, for after a while we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t get discouraged and give up. -Galatians 6:9
2. For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. They are plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.-Jeremiah 29:11
3. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. -Philippians 4:13
4. Keep putting into practice all you learned from me and saw me doing, and the God of peace will be with you.-Philippians 4:9
5. The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still.” -Exodus 14:14
6. No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.- Romans 8:37
7. And we know that all that happens to us is working for our good if we love God and are fitting into his plans.-Romans 8:28
8. In everything you do, put God first, and he will direct you and crown your efforts with success.-Proverbs 3:6
#wontHedoit #keepswimming #gracenotperfection